School Psychologist

During the course of the year, there may be some children who develop difficulties with aspects of their education.  Should teachers become concerned about the academic, social or behavioural adjustment of a child in the school, they discuss the problem with the Principal or Deputy Principal.

If at this stage the teachers decide that additional professional help is required, the parents will be contacted about the services of the School Psychologist.  It is necessary for a case conference with parents and parental permission, before consultation can occur.  The services of the School Psychologist are free and are available upon referral.