Enrol Today

Thank you for your interest in applying to enrol your child at Karratha Primary School. 

As Karratha Primary School is a ‘local intake area school’ please view our map to ensure your home address falls within our catchment.

You need to apply to enrol your child in school for 2024 if he/she is:

  • starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2024 
  • starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2024
  • changing schools.

Use the Department of Education’s School Age Calculator to determine when your child can start school.



Our Enrolment Process

Kindergarten Students

Applications for Kindergarten in 2025 are now open and will close on Friday 19 July 2024. 

You need to apply to enrol your child in school for 2025 if he/she is starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2025. 

Further details can be read in our Kindergarten Enrolment Information flyer. Parents seeking to enrol their child for Kindergarten need to complete the Application for Enrolment Form.


All Pre-Primary to Year 6 Students

We accept applications for Pre-Primary to Year 6 students throughout the year, provided you reside in our local intake area.  

Parents within our local intake area seeking to enrol their child need to complete the Student Enrolment Form.


Additional Documentation 

To support your application of enrolment, it is mandatory to provide the following evidence: 

  • Birth Certificate or Extract of Child

  • Proof of Residential Address

  • Australian Immunisation History Statement – this can be downloaded through Medicare, or alternatively call the Australian Immunisation Register 1800 653 809 (Free Call)

  • Court Orders (if applicable)


Keep your Information Up-to-Date

Parents are asked to keep details listed on the Enrolment Form current. A note to the teacher or office concerning changes of address, phone numbers and emergency contacts is vital for ensuring your child’s welfare and safety. In addition:

  • Parents are required to complete a Student Health Care Plan for any child with a medical condition. 
  • In the case of families with separated or divorced parents, custody arrangements and access rights should be clearly stated on the Enrolment Form. It is a requirement that copies of custody orders are given to the Principal.