KindiLink is a play-and-learn initiative for zero to three-year-old (0-3yo) children who attend with a parent/carer. Several schools run the KindiLink program across Western Australia, Karratha Primary School being one of them. KindiLink is for children who are not yet old enough to enrol in school.
Our play opportunities for ALL Bulgarra children operate on Thursday and/or Friday mornings from 8.30-11.30am. We offer high quality play-and-learn sessions for children and their parent/carer at no cost to families, with families supported to be actively involved in the activities with their children. Children and their families can participate in many activities including story and song time, craft, cooking, shared fruit, indoor and outdoor play, learning and games. All areas of child development are strengthened by participating in our program, which ensure a smoother transition into Kindergarten.
Where capacity exists, children and families outside of Bulgarra may participate in KindiLink, particularly Aboriginal families.
We aim to work in partnership with families in Karratha to:
- Prepare children for school
- Build family and school relationships
- Create a sense of belonging within our school Improve educational outcomes for children
- Improve the social, emotional, language and cognitive capabilities of young children
- Build the capacity and confidence of parents/caregivers in their role as their child’s first teacher
- Improve attendance among children during their primary school years
If you would like to register your child for KindiLink, please complete the 2023 KindiLink Registration Form or pick up a copy from the Karratha Primary School office.